Western Birds, Volume 40, Number 1 (2009)
- The Winter Distribution of the Western Gull-billed Tern (Gelochelidon nilotica vanrossemi). 2.
- Kathy C. Molina, Kimball L. Garrett, Keith W. Larson, David P. Craig.
- First Record of Newell’s Shearwater from the Mainland of North America. 21.
- Philip Unitt, Meryl A. Faulkner, and Charles Swanson.
- Nestling Provisioning by American Dippers near Juneau, Alaska. 29.
- Mary F. Willson and Katherine M. Hocker.
- First Modern Record of the White-tailed Eagle in Hawaii. 35.
- Brenda J. Zaun.
- Egg Retrieval by the Hawaiian Goose after Attempted Predation by a Cat. 39.
- Brenda J. Zaun and Wesley W. Weathers.
- Book Reviews. 43.
- Alan Contreras.
- Featured Photo: First Record of the Variegated Flycatcher for Western North America. 47.
- Steven G. Mlodinow and David S. Irons.
Front cover photo by © Martin Myers of Truckee, California: Baird's Sparrow (Ammodramus bairdii), Highland Park, Tonopah, Nye County, Nevada, 6 September 2008. First confirmed occurrence of Baird's Sparrow in Nevada.
Back cover "Featured Photo" by © Steven G. Mlodinow of Everett, Washington: Variegated Flycatcher (Empidonomus varius), Windust Park, Franklin County, Washington, 7 September 2008. First known occurrence of this South American species in western North America and fourth known occurrence anywhere in North America.
|Back Matter (PDF) (40.32 KB)||40.32 KB|